Caring for your products
Bamboo is great for the environment.
Did you know that bamboo absorbs Carbon dioxide and releases 30% more Oxygen into the atmosphere compared to the equivalent mass of trees?
As with most natural products a little love and care is needed to keep your bamboo products looking and feeling their best.
- Oiling your products - As a natural product, bamboo is not immune to constant exposure to water which can cause it to dry out from time to time. Massaging a healthy layer of oil (we use natural coconut oil) is quick and easy to do. This will keep your products looking and feeling fresh.
- Cleaning - Our products are not suitable for the dishwasher or microwave. General soapy water works great. Bamboo contains a natural bio-agent known as Bamboo Kun, which is naturally anti-bacterial. It is so effective that it eliminates and prevents over 70% of bacteria that attempt to grow on it. Remember to remove the silicone base when cleaning the products.
- Do not drop - Like a lot of products, if dropped or receiving heavy hits regularly, the products will break, crack or chip. Please ensure the product is still safe to use if any damage is caused.
- General - Our products can handle a variety of foods and textures however can be prone to staining if strong coloured foods ie: turmeric are left on them for prolonged periods. Most stains will, however, come off after a few washes.
- Silicone Suction - The silicone suction on the bases of our bowls and plates work best on non porous, smooth, dry surfaces that are free from texture and food residues.
- Supervision - always supervise your bubba's during feeding times.